The Know-Nothing Know-It-All

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Good Times Are Killing Me

<>---
So, this was going to be a bubbly, effusive, and optimistically flavored post. Unusually so, in fact. Things have been going unusually well as of late, and I was about to hit you with some precedentless positivity never before expressed by me - thus the lack of precedent.

Then my car got towed.

Son of a bitch.

Whore.

Ass.

Phenylketonurics.

Aspartame reference aside, this utterly blows. I spent 45 minutes looking for parking last night before eventually giving up due to a combination of hunger, fatigue, and an unusual twinge of dance-fever. I told myself that I'd calm down a bit, take a deep breath, feed my army of mutant fish, and then repark the car. Somewhere around the breathing part, I forgot my car... and then it turns out that the part of the block that I had parked on wasn't 2-hour parking like 95% of the block, it was actually a 20-minute loading zone as of 8 AM this morning. So now I'm minus one car, and tomorrow I'll be minus $75 when I go get it. Grumble.

On to the good then, shall we?

For those not in the know, I've managed to actually keep the interest of a lady friend for what is now officially two months. Some might call it an anniversary of sorts, but then, those individuals don't actually know the amount of time signified by the word "anniversary." Lisa Norton, you've just officially become part of my blogging life, so here's to you… huzzah! Plus, now you can't say that I don't talk about you on my blog. Heh.

Meanwhile, you'll be happy to learn that the housing search is finally over. As of 4 PM today, our applications were approved and processed; all that's left to do is sign the lease, pay some rent, and move in. I'm incredibly psyched since the process took far too long, but it seems like it may have been very worth it - we really lucked out with this place. The house is currently being renovated and improved, but should be done right before move in... Say hello to 2208 South Street, home of the Mike, Vince, Ed, and Carmine (or MVEC if you have some kind of acronym fetish). 4 BRs, $1600/month in a money location with plenty of space in the house and all the amenities. I hope I'm not jinxing renovations by being so giddy, but I really can't wait to move in.

I've neglected to detail my workday on Tuesday where I was still working some of the festivities from Monday night (i.e. Ethan's last night in Philly before moving to Baltimore) out of my body, but, sadly, the whole day is even more of a blur than the night that preceded it. Never good to ramble like a guy who's been hit in the head with a large rock while at work, but that day is now behind me. Kind of wonder what the bosses thought. Oh, well.

So there you have it folks, my life in a nutshell. Carry on, leave a comment, send an email - do what you gotta do.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger erik said…

    nice location dude!
    if i recall filly at all
    and i do
    that is delightfully close to springfield--of which i plan on taking full advantage when i finally make it back to the east

    oh and if by blaming pku for your inability to find a parking space, you are implying that rosie o'donnell can't drive, then i agree.
    wholeheartedly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home