Hello weekend, goodbye weekend.
---
It seemed like college weekends lasted a lot longer than they do nowadays. Is it because college is really a never-ending weekend with a smattering of classes occasionally interspersed among free time? Probably. I'm still struggling to readjust my train of thought away from the past and into this present "real" world. Funny how, in this real world, no one went out to find me a job or put me up in a mansion with sexy coeds/token minority/token gay guy. Somehow I feel ripped off.
This weekend, like the others before it, blew by... with the exception of several painstaking hours in the car on a drive to visit my sister up at Yale. This mini-debacle involved a longer than expected car ride to
Friday and Saturday, by contrast, were glorious. Friday involved gelatto with Lisa, Saturday was a wine and cheese party at Ivy's...and then the events following the intense aggravation on Sunday (i.e. actually visiting my sister) also went fairly well. I mean, minus the fact that my family's collective IQ drops some 300 points the minute we walk into a restaurant and try to get our act together. It's essentially a never-ending run-on sentence instead of something resembling an order. "Yeah, so we'll have one turkey burger and the salmon salad. And the pasta. Oh, and also the mini quesadillas. And a diet coke. And a sprite. Oh, and water. Does that come with fries? Ok, we want that. And can we get a cubed lemon with 3 diagonally placed toothpicks that resemble a smiley face? Also, do you offer any genetically modified super animals such as the beefaloken? That's beef, buffalo, and chicken. No? That'll be all then, thanks." Lordy.
Meanwhile, for some reason I decided to take on another plateful of work by agreeing to design some math tests for the school where I worked as an educational consultant last summer. I'm essentially doing extra work so that I might have some extra beer money...but with less actual time to enjoy my beer. Hmm. We'll see how this one works out. Oh, and hopefully I'll, you know, have a house at some point in the near future.
By the way, check out the debut of “Tirade Bait” or visit SportsColumn's front page to read my sports-related rants. And hell, if you'd like to vote for me on SportsColumn so I could, say, win $100...you'd rock my world.
Carry on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home