The Know-Nothing Know-It-All

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Live 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag…

---
Well that was an interesting 4th of July weekend, wasn’t it? For some reason I found myself exhausted on the 3rd and 4th, so I really didn’t do much of anything after a very eventful start to the weekend. Friday was Batman Begins and the always incapacitating Indian cuisine from New Delhi, Saturday was Live 8 and a solid 11 hours of drinking from concert start til’ the end of Mike’s Live 8 afterparty. Meanwhile, my headache has finally subsided, so I feel up to rambling a little bit.

Live 8 highlights:

  • Toby mother-fucking Keith. I nearly ripped off my shirt and rushed the stage when he came on, which is surprising since I attempted to time my trip to Wawa with his arrival on stage. Nothing gets me hotter than a trash talkin’ country musician with a heart of gold. Way to know your audience, guys. Side note: If Mr. Keith were to dress up in an American flag suit, and I were to, say, light him on fire… would this be considered flag burning? This is crucial info.
  • A discussion of Tom Cruise and why he wasn’t one of the many celebrities listed as special guests to Live 8.

“Frankly, I’ve never agreed with Africa, ever. Even before I was a Scientologist, I didn’t believe in Africa. Do you know the history of Africa? Because I do. Africa… is a pseudocontinent.”

  • Um. The show itself was decent as well, I guess. I can’t say that I was that stoked to see any of the acts… I was probably one of 10 people interested in the Kaiser Chiefs more than most of the other acts, and since they performed at noon, my load was blown a shade early on in the day. Jay-Z and Linkin Park put on a good show, but I think I’d be completely OK if Linkin Park never made another album and simply went around as the musical accompaniment for other artists. Actually, that’d make my day. Also: someone please tell Sarah McLachlan that it’s all going to be OK. Holy depressive mood killer, batman!

Other random tidbits:

  • Yakov Smirnoff is applying to the master’s degree program in the lab I work at. Man. I really, really hope he gets in. “In Soviet Russia, psychology researches you!” His presence could seriously ensure a year of non-stop amusement, assuming that he doesn’t kill me for doing his bit around him some 30 times a day. I really hope the acceptance committee factors in the unintentional comedic value of taking certain applicants.
  • Viagra news never gets old: News Tidbit

So it doesn’t cause blindness then? Maybe the real culprits for the blindness phenomena are those lonely men who take Viagra just so they can beat off. Regardless, do you think that even if Viagra did cause blindness it would affect sales? Who needs vision when you can have sex?

Aaaaand that’s all, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home