Work It In, Work It Out
---
Another work week, another 5 days worth of battles with my snooze alarm. Simply based on how I operate, I think that companies everywhere (not that I work for a company, but ignore this for now) need to institute "Get Your Wind Back Wednesdays" where they give you the option of coming in at 11 AM instead of 9, so long as you stay 2 hours later. Would anyone be opposed? think about it: you'd come in on Wednesday, and instead of being a listless zombie that has no end of the week in sight, you'd be refreshed, recharged, and revitalized. We'd all see residual results and, really, we'd all be ready to re-up our efforts reliably. Rest assured. Rendition. Respect. Rent. Retarded? You bet I am.
I think I may have to include a weekly section featuring the sheer hilarity that is my boss/advisor, Angie. I really wish that I could make up stories this fantastic.
- Recently, while waiting for a train, Angie was trying to read a paper when I creepy older gentleman sat down beside her. He then began to shamelessly hit on her... only to then ask to use her cell phone so he could call his wife. Now that's how it's done, folks. Quality.
- In 2003, Angie was walking to her car after work during finals/midterms season. She proceeds to get into her car, when suddenly a massively burly woman rushes to the car door, opens it, and steals Ang's backpack. Now, perhaps Angie would let this slide under normal circumstances, but because her wallet had been stolen the previous week, she was enraged by this sleight... she decided to give chase. Angie, a tiny, 100 pound, Asian woman is now giving chase to a 250+ pound behemoth who stole her bag. But here's the best part: SHE TACKLED THE WOMAN AND WRESTLED THE BAG AWAY! And the kicker? Angie sat on top of the whale of a woman for 30 minutes until the police arrived. Moral of the story: don't mess with me, lest my boss handily kick your ass.
Meanwhile, the housing situation is back at square one due to a variety of reasons. Don't ask. Seriously. At some point we'll get our act together, and all will be well...ish. At least the aforementioned bucket won’t come into play. Plus, we can now add one more Sausage Fest (R) veteran to our house search since Vince got into 'Nova Law. So now that we've graduated college, we've officially gone back to high school. Take that maturity.
Oh, and since I've been itching to ramble/rant about sports recently, I think I'll soon be using a separate blog for my Man On a Rant persona. I'm trying to use a play on words with Tirade instead of Trade, here are some potential options:
-The Tirading Block
-Tirade Rumors
-Sign and Tirade
-Blockbuster Tirade
-Tirade Rumblings
-Three-way Tirade
-No-Tirade Clause
-Tirade Me Now
-Tirade Bait
Let me know what you think sounds better, or if you have another suggestion to throw on to the list. More on this business later.
Up, up, and away.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home