The Know-Nothing Know-It-All

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hey Now, I'm Old!

---
And I've officially been at work for 3 weeks. Wow. It dawned on me today that I've never gone 3 weeks of college without skipping a class, possibly with the exception of my very first semester - but I was a naive fool back then. Nothing quite beats staring at your alarm clock wanting nothing more than to turn off your alarm before realizing that the real world actually has... repercussions. Shudder. Someone put me out to pasture right now. Or find me a job where I can come in at 11 AM without uttering the phrase "Would like fries with that?" or "Want to giganticize it for a quarter more?" or even "I'll bet you say that about all the pretty interns, sir. Say, why are we in this closet?"

Highlight of the work week:
Angie (my boss/trusted advisor) needs me to find a book in the library so as to copy and read a particular article. Not a problem. So, I search for the article, it turns out that it was checked out, and I place a request for the book. Ten minutes later, Angie sends me an email about one of her library books that's been recalled, asking me to return it when I have the chance. Not a problem...until I realize that what's being recalled is the same god damn book I'd been looking for. Not only that, but now I have to haul ass to the library to return the stupid thing because the fines would have been quintupled due to the book being recalled. Jebus.

Meanwhile, the house search continues, and it appears that we have our two final candidates in the form of houses in South Philly (15th and Moore) and University City (43rd and Baltimore). it looked like we were heading for South Philly but, upon further review, that call may have been overturned. We'll see how this one plays out. Oh, and maybe I'll even get to live in a house with a commode! I can't tell you how long I've dreamed of crapping in a gussied up bucket. This last statement probably warrants further explanation, but I think I'll leave this issue alone for the sheer humor in the situation.

And now I'm off. Not to do better things, but because I really have no more to say (for once). Oh, and Happy Bastille Day - let's all go out and surrender. Er, celebrate.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger erik said…

    don't lie dear ed.car--of course you skipped class first semester!! ;)
    i too, have a dream, though mine is to use the phrase 'gussied up' and to actually be talking about something real.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home