The Know-Nothing Know-It-All

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

And That Was All That I Needed...

---
It seems I have forgotten that upkeep requires time. Finding a spare moment to force myself to record thoughts is, well, difficult.

Work takes time.
Napping after work takes time.
Girlfriends take time (not that I'm complaining).


...then laziness kicks into full throttle - which is actually fairly ambitious on laziness' part - and before you know it, it's 2:30 AM, I'm watching the World Series of Poker while trying to convince myself that I should have gone to bed hours ago, and I most certainly didn't take out any time to talk about my life in anything as abstract as an online journal. Apparently even I can get tired rehashing the same events. Translation: laziness takes time.

Anyway, I've been ridiculously busy at work as of late thanks to the soul-sucking crazies at the IRB (institutional review board). For those who aren't in the know, I've been working at my psych lab from last year as a research coordinator (read: bitch) and will soon be replicating my senior thesis. In order to replicate, I was in need of a slight amendment to my study in order to actually have control groups... legitimate study design, and what have you. The IRB decided that adding a control group to an otherwise unchanged protocol required a whole new proposal, and so I spent the better part of last week churning one out. There was, of course, no legitimate reason that I should have to do this. Study + New Group of Participants = Same Study with New Participants… not exactly rocket science. I swear, if I end up in the same situation as last year, someone should most definitely come to my house and replace all the sharp objects with shots of alcohol just to ensure that I take out my frustration in the correct, alcoholic medium. Rargh.

Random moment from last week: Man in a gorilla suit dressed in business attire buys an egg and cheese sandwich at food truck outside the Bourse while holding a banana and a briefcase. I'm not making this up. He then proceeded to harass the hell out of passersby, but by the time I had finished checking myself for other outward signs of insanity, he had crossed the street and started to flee. I hope he'll be there next Wednesday so that I may pet and cuddle him. And then throw feces in his general area.

The housing situation continues. I will not comment further, as even thinking about it makes my head feel tingly to the point of implosion.

Oh, and those of you with an appropriate sense of humor should go see "The Aristocrats" when it comes out in cities other than NYC/LA. Since I was visiting Yury in New York this weekend, we made sure to see it – and see it we did. Those of you who are easily offended by obscenity, vulgarity, and unimaginable sexual/physical acts should probably avoid this flick. I think I’d like to see a version of this movie edited for TV, just so every other word is bleeped out.

Song of the Moment: The White Stripes – Take, Take, Take

It’s kind of stuck in my head.

Onwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home